View a stunning Hawaiian sunset along the fabled North Shore from the perspective of the Honu! This tour is only offered during the months of May, June, July, and August.
- Single Kayak Holds 1 person
- Double Kayak Holds 2 people
- Single Kayak w/ jumpseat Holds one adult and one child 4-7 y/o, under 50lbs
- Double Kayak w/ jumpseat Holds two adults and one child 4-7 y/o, under 50lbs
KAYAK OAHU AND SPOT GREEN SEA TURTLES
Kawela Bay is one of the most beautiful and best-kept secrets on the North Shore. At Shaka Kayaks, our guides have been monitoring, cleaning and protecting the bay for over 10 years.
This magical cove is home for up to two dozen resident sea turtles and now for the first time, you too can help monitor and ID our Honu. Come join us on an adventure to track their location and behavior as well as learn how to distinguish their sex and size on an Oahu kayak tour.
Your guide will make sure you follow all of the NOAA regulations on how to view this threatened species and not interfere with the natural behavior of this ‘Amaukua (guardian spirit) of many local Hawaiians.
We have spotted Honu on every tour since we started over 10 years ago and can guarantee that you will see them on your kayak experience or you can come out with us again for free!
Your guide will take you to four locations that the Honu visit on a daily basis based on the time of the tide. These include the shallow and deep feeding grounds, the basking rocks and our unique cleaning station where the turtles will stop and pose while being cleaned by the resident rainbow wrasse.
After the turtle viewing, your guide will show you the WWII tsunami train wreck and the more advanced kayakers can try their hand at kayak surfing at Shaka Rock (conditions permitting).
Finally, your Oahu kayaking tour will end with complimentary fresh pineapple, macadamia nuts and local aloha fruit juices before stopping for a visit to the “lost” banyan tree to explore the location used in dozens of TV shows and movies such as “Lost,” “Pirates of the Carribean 4”, “Hunger Games 2” and “Jumanji 2.”
- Luxury transportation from Turtle Bay Resort’s guidepost to and from the kayak launch area.
- All equipment (kayak, paddle, life jacket)
- Refreshments (aloha fruit juice)
- Eco-friendly souvenir bottle filled with Menehune water for you to keep
- Snacks: Granola bar, Mauna Loa macadamia nuts, and fresh pineapple.
- Treasure hunt surprise (for the keiki)
- Digital email souvenir photo.
- Expert local guide (CPR & Lifesaving Certified)